UKC

The Devil's Slide - Lundy (HS, 4a) Partner wanted for 22nd Aug

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Staples 03 Aug 2012
Hi All,

I am planning a trip to Lundy island for the day to climb the Devil's Slide. This is one climb I have always wanted to do partly because of its beauty and reputation. It is graded at HS 4a so is well within most people's limits. It consists of 5 pitches the last of which is the most problematic (A traverse that is the crux).

For more information check it out - http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/c.php?i=31090

I am staying in Woolacombe from the 18th - 26th so wanted to plan a day trip to Lundy just to climb this route. The ferry costs £34.50 return for a day trip.

I want to go on Wednesday the 22nd of August - Depart Bideford docks at 09:00 and arrive back into Bideford docks at 20:00. The journey takes under 2 hours and we need to be ready to board at least 30 minutes prior to departure.

So get to Bideford docks and be ready for 08:30 and assuming the journey is about 2 hours be ready on Lundy for return journey at 17:30. This gives us about 6 hours on the island.

Message me on my mobile 07878 693307 or reply to this post if interested.

Dave
 TMM 03 Aug 2012
In reply to David Staples:

Can't help but please if you're there for just a couple of hours make sure tick off Albion VS 4C on the left corner of the Devil's Slide Slab. Probably the best VS I have climbed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...