UKC

On the way to Font

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tamati 03 Aug 2012
Currently on holiday in Europe. Hoping to spend a few days in Font before getting the ferry home.

Where should we drive to first?

Where can we find cheap camping (municipal)?

Are there any shops in the area? I need to buy a guidebook and perhaps another pair of shoes as mine are wearing thin.

Many Thanks

In reply to Tamati: Could be worth trying Cuvier as last time I was there on a Saturday there was a guy with a van stall selling sportiva shoes, t shirts, mats..etc not sure if he had guides. You could generally try following circuit colours and numbers and then anything else that looks obvious and of good quality!

There used to be a guy in the roche aux sabots car park too who did resoles. I think he sold 2nd hand pairs which may be better than suggestion 1 if you are on a budget?
 rotax123 06 Aug 2012
In reply to Richard Hession:
If the van is not at Cuvier, there is a sports shop in Font with a couple of pairs of shoes for sale (sportiva's and some 5.10's I believe) They were about 90 Euro's odd mind you!
With regards to camping, I stayed here last time: http://www.camping-grez-fontainebleau.info/ . It was cheap at 3euros a night, good location for the main areas and it has showers! better than camping in a layby!
Have fun
max
 Carolyn 06 Aug 2012
In reply to Tamati:

There's also a Decathlon a little north of Fontainebleau, at the Centre Commercial at Villiers en Bierre:
http://www.decathlon.fr/fr/store?store_id=PS_63

Not wildly exciting, but will have maps/guides and a small range of climbing shoes.

There are a couple of free bivouac sites in the forest if you don't need facilities (I think they have water?) and are only staying the odd night. I'm afraid we've only used relatively expensive campites as we've had the kids with us, so can't help on that a great deal...
OP Tamati 16 Aug 2012
In reply to Tamati:

Thanks for the replies. Had a great week in Font. Camped at Le Pres which was nice and cheap.

Cheers again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...