/ HTC One S phone - anyone got one?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
clochette - on 04 Aug 2012
In my continuing quest to find a smartphone with good battery life, it seems the HTC One S might be the one. Anyone got any opinions on this phone please? I need a phone that's good for checking emails on the move and has a battery that lasts.
Mikkel - on 04 Aug 2012
In reply to clochette:

I got one, i get a full day out of the battery, thats with checking emails, and general browsing during the day.
I am very pleased with mine, because its quite thin its easy to have it in a pocket without noticing it.

Have installed Opera browser on it instead of the the one it comes with, as its much better (than any other mobile browser out there in my opinion)
Just remember this is a fixed battery so can't be replaced, and there is no expansion card slot.
Scarab9 - on 04 Aug 2012
In reply to clochette:

Got the one x and love it. the s is a bit smaller, has slightly slower processor and think less memory but for what it's gonna do with it can't imagine there's much difference.

Battery lasts ages as long as you turn of wifi when it and about and so on, but there's a good little built in app that I have on the front screen so can do stuff like that with one button.
John_Hat - on 04 Aug 2012
In reply to Scarab9:

Having recently found myself in the market for a new phone, and looking at both one x and one S, do you not find they are absolutely huge?
Martin Davies on 04 Aug 2012
In reply to clochette: I've got the one s, upgraded from blackberry. It's amazing! Brill satnav mode which has already saved me a few times when travelling on my own. Touchscreen took some getting used to but great now. Loads of apps for Android, Inc chrome. Battery is 1 day normal use (ie quite a lot). Lasted at least 2 days when not used it (bottom of rucksack on walks). Camera is superb. Overall really happy with it!
Scarab9 - on 04 Aug 2012
In reply to John_Hat:

No it feels comfortable in my hand and it's really slim so fits nicely in a pocket and also surprisingly sturdy. Know what you mean, mate has the note and feels like you need bigger hands
Axel Smeets - on 04 Aug 2012
In reply to Scarab9:
> (In reply to John_Hat)
>
>
>
> No it feels comfortable in my hand and it's really slim so fits nicely in a pocket and also surprisingly sturdy. Know what you mean, mate has the note and feels like you need bigger hands

Agree with you. Just got the One X and it's superb. Highly recommended. The quad-core processor makes it extremely quick. Battery can be an issue for heavy users but I have chargers everywhere these days (home, work, car).
Mikkel - on 04 Aug 2012
In reply to John_Hat:

i found the X absolutely huge, but the S is much nicer to carry around, due to it being slightly narrower and thinner.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.