Photography forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Squeezing a lot of camera gear onto a flight - help?!

What Goes Up - on 04 Aug 2012
Hi All, maybe a bit of a random one but I've got a phot job coming up abroad and thgouth that UKC might be able to help given the creative way you often seem to get kit from one end to the other. Basically I've got a 3 day photo job coming up in Italy which I want to take as much kit out to as possible, laptop included. Obviously don't want to be putting any bodies or lenses into the hold, and as a bag size issue on its own should be fine but I hear that now it's all about weight limits for hold luggage as much as size. That's definitely going to screw me (I've heard 5kg max as standard now - no chance).

So if I wear coats and baggy trousers with huge pockets and stuff my clothes full of lenses and bodies, any chance that will get through with whatever I declare as my hand luggage seperate to the actualallowance before I pack it back in on the other side? Biggest lens is Canon 70-200 2.8 IS L, but I've checked and while I will look stupid it does techincally fit in a trouser side pocket (if I wear the REALLY stretchy ones).
... not showing 17 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums