UKC

1 man 4 season tents

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
captainfire576 08 Aug 2012
Hi, looking to find a solution for 1 man tentage in the Alps in winter. I could use my Terra Nova Quasar inner with just 4 poles and no fly or my group shelter and some improvised skistkick poles, I have a drylite bivy bag but don't fancy sitting out bag weather in a bivy bag! A snowhole would be the best option but i can't guarentee the snow and worried about being buried! The Mountain Hardwear Bunker tent looks good but I can't seem to find one on the net to buy. Ideas?
 AdCo82 08 Aug 2012
In reply to captainfire576:

Look at the Hilleberg range!
 Agrius 08 Aug 2012

Yeah I second Hilleberg - check out the Soulo or Akto.
 AdCo82 08 Aug 2012
In reply to Agrius: agreed, sleeping space and porch are definitely enough for one in Akto.

Super lightweight and so easy to pitch!
almost sane 09 Aug 2012
Tarptent Scarp 1
Vaude Power Odyssee (tight for 2 people, spacious for one).
Vaude Hogan ultralight.
captainfire576 21 Aug 2012
In reply to captainfire576: Looked at the MSR Fast Stash 2. Looks like more what I am after. Looks well expensive though. Where can I get a cheap one or an alteritive? In the mean time I will see what I can do with my group shelter!
 bluebealach 21 Aug 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: Deffo the Hilleberg Soulo
 koolkat 21 Aug 2012
i have macpac minaret nice and light easy pitch only used twice yours for £200
 Henry Iddon 21 Aug 2012

Soulo is a great tent - its three pole so will take a dump of snow - Atko would struggle in that regard I suspect.
 Jim Lancs 22 Aug 2012
MacPac Minaret is the best four season, one person tent I've ever used. Added some snow/rock flaps and it's absolutely bombproof.

The offer for one for £200 makes it a no brainer.
captainfire576 22 Aug 2012
In reply to captainfire576: Actually, for 200 quid I could stay in a bunkhouse. I may just take my shovel!
 Mike7 22 Aug 2012

If it's only for winter use, then I suggest you check out the Rab bivvy tent range.

They recently released a new version, so you may well be able to grab an older summit model for a reduced price.

The name is slightly misleading as they're basically a minimalist one man tent, but they suffer from condensation in anything but cold weather so wouldn't recommend it for Summer...

They also have a fully reinforced doughnut tie-in point for any dodgy pitches.

Very reliable.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...