UKC

New bee Dorset

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Wonder 10 Aug 2012
New bee looking for climbing friends, new to climbing and forum but can belay safley and has climbed indoor and outdoor at a basic level would love to learn more. Bournemouth/Dorset area.
 pauljackson 10 Aug 2012
In reply to Wonder: Hi. What level of lead or second have you climbed and where? Paul.
What Goes Up 10 Aug 2012
In reply to Wonder: A bit far for me but I'm sure you'll find plenty of partners - I've heard it's buzzing down there. Portland in particular is quite a honeypot for climbers.
 Niall 10 Aug 2012
In reply to What Goes Up:

*tips hat*
 Alan100 10 Aug 2012
In reply to What Goes Up: it's a real hive of activity at the weekends - climbers swarm there from all over..
 Nic 10 Aug 2012
In reply to Alan100:

Yes, but be careful to park considerately, poor parking in the past has stirred up a real hornets' nest with the locals.
 Climber_Bill 10 Aug 2012
In reply to Nic:

Be careful if you ride a motorbike. My parking ticket got blown away by the wind (honest) and I was stung for a fine.
OP Wonder 10 Aug 2012
In reply to pauljackson: Hi I have only done what I would call a simple belay climb, never lead cos I don't have any friends who are interested most of my stuff so far has been indoors at creation at Birmingham from when I lived up there and had some friends who wanted to try. I could climb around grade 5. Now I have moved to Bournemouth and don't really know anywhere or anyone who climbs but still keen to give it a go.
 pauljackson 10 Aug 2012
In reply to Wonder: Messaged you through UKC email.
 gotthebug 12 Aug 2012
In reply to Wonder:

Hi - I am in a similar situation to you.

I have been climbing for about 6 months. I have done a little bit outdoors, and have done a few months at Calshot. I am from Bournemouth also, so would be keen to hook up.

Shelley

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...