ROCKTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Narcolepsy and climbing safety???

trubs - on 13 Aug 2012
i have recently been diagnosed with narcolepsy and am on the medication for it which is working perfectly but my problem is a side part of narcolepsy called cataplexy. Cataplexy is a sudden and transient episode of loss of muscle tone, often triggered by emotions, and my medication is helping loads but not 100%.
I now feel fit enough to get back on the rock but am worried about seconding/belaying someone encase i have a catapleic fit. I am more in control of them and the likelihood is slim but i want to be extra careful.

my question is.... Is there any type of belay device that is self locking and reliable. I have research the grigri range but i was wondering if i should be looking at any other belay devices to ensure i get the best. also are there any other climbers with narcolepsy is so any advice in general and for climbing?

thanks
Trubs
... not showing 4 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums