UKC

Best putty?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Evoman 13 Aug 2012
I'm interested what opinions/experience folks on here have of using putty/squeeze balls to rehabilitate a finger injury...

The ones I have seen and on the list for a potential purchase are:

Thera Putty
Beal Warm up putty
Metollious Grip Saver

Any others? But more to the point which is best in your opinion guys and girls? I've popped an A4 pulley in my ring finger (left hand) and it's been 2 weeks plus so I think time to get it mobile and gently exercise it.

Cheers
 stonemaster 13 Aug 2012
In reply to Evoman: Rubberbands? Good luck.
 Skyfall 13 Aug 2012
In reply to Evoman:

I've used theraputty as this is specifically for physiotherapy. You can get it in several colours, each one with a different resistance. Excellent coupled with ice and even contrast baths and light massage. All to the finger of course...
 krikoman 13 Aug 2012
In reply to Evoman: Try putty-tat, hard to get mopulding at first but after sometime squeezing, lovely stuff
Chalk 13 Aug 2012
In reply to Evoman: Ive used theraputty and the handmaster plus (same as grip master but seems to get much better reviews regarding build quality).

Like the above post said, theraputty is specially for physiotherapy. It comes in different strengths (you'll want the soft at first and then medium when it starts to improve). You can do many different types of exercises with theraputty whereas the grip saver is more just opening closing. The idea of the grip saver is good by strengthening the opposing muscles, but for rehab I think the theraputty will be a lot more useful.

Never seen Beal warm up putty, i'm assuming it's the same sort of thing as theraputty. Id stick with theraputty over it though, as theraputty is widely used for physiotherapy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...