UKC

Fontainebleau for someone who hasn't climbed for ages

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
James1982 14 Aug 2012
Just noticed the Boulder Bus is off to Fontainebleau on the weekend of 8th and 9th September and am tempted to book a place.

However firstly I'm pretty rubbish and secondly I haven't been to the indoor wall for ages.

Do you reckon it'll still be a worthwhile, satisfying experience or am I going to be knackered after half an hour and/or struggling to actually complete any of the problems?

Really like the idea of spending a couple of days there but only if I'll get something out of it. If it's the sort of place where you're better off putting in some hours on the indoor walls first and actually going out there with some decent practice in then maybe I'll give it a miss until next year.
 Jon Stewart 14 Aug 2012
In reply to James1982:

Font's ideal because there are thousands of problems, all right next to other, at all levels of difficulty. It makes no difference what grade you're climbing how much there is to go at (unless you're climbing 8c or something I suppose).
 Ramblin dave 14 Aug 2012
In reply to Jon Stewart:
Agree, there's loads of easy stuff, a lot of it isn't strengthy, and if you started getting tired later in the day you can always stop climbing, eat some bread and cheese, and have a kip on the bouldering mat.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...