UKC

Epicentre DEAL OF THE MONTH: Tendon Smart Rope

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 20 Aug 2012
Tendon Smart 10mm x 50m Rope #1, 2 kb10mm x 50m single rope. RRP £90, sale price £50!

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=4861
Liam187 20 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

I'm a climbing Noobie and have only done a little lead climbing (3-4 times indoor). I think I might be a few months away from moving to lead climbing over top rope. Is this the kind of deal I should take advantage of for the future, or will I be able to get a similar length/quality of rope on a few month for the same price???
 Monk 20 Aug 2012
In reply to Liam187:
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
>
> I'm a climbing Noobie and have only done a little lead climbing (3-4 times indoor). I think I might be a few months away from moving to lead climbing over top rope. Is this the kind of deal I should take advantage of for the future, or will I be able to get a similar length/quality of rope on a few month for the same price???

Hell yes! That's a bargain. GoOutdoors sometimes have offers of a similar nature, but ropes that cheap do not come along often. I have had Tendon ropes before and they are fine. If I was looking for a single rope for use in the UK, indoors and out, I'd probably buy this. The only thing I would say is that 50m is a bit short for use on sport climbing trips to Europe, as many crags will need a 60m rope at least.
Liam187 20 Aug 2012
In reply to Monk:

Thanks for the advice, I reckon I'll get one!
 Dave Williams 20 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

They're also offering a Tendon Smart 10mm x 60m for only £10 more with free UK postage. I've just bought one.

HTH

Dave
 Dave Williams 21 Aug 2012
In reply to Dave Williams:
> (In reply to UKC Gear)
>
> They're also offering a Tendon Smart 10mm x 60m for only £10 more with free UK postage. I've just bought one.
>
Rope ordered on Sunday, arrived this morning. Excellent value/ service and highly recommended.

Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...