UKC

Camp 4 Yosemite

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ed Booth 21 Aug 2012
Hi all, just wandering about the 7 night limit for camp 4. Do they enforce it? I had a feeling that last time I was there I stayed there more than 7 nights but just read about this limit on the site and thought I'd double check... Thanks , Ed
 gcandlin 21 Aug 2012
In reply to Ed Booth: They enforce it very strictly! But it ends at the end of September, so people tend to team up and check in one at a time to try and stretch it out until the limit is lifted.
 BenTiffin 21 Aug 2012
In reply to gcandlin: We stopped for 10 nights in Aug 2001 and changed the name. I think we changed pitch on the second booking in slot but no one batted an eyelid although I did get up early to get in the queue for opening time - not necessary on that Sunday morning!
 peppermill 28 Aug 2012
In reply to Ed Booth: Was there for two weeks last year, and stayed most of it in Camp 4. After our 7 day limit we stayed on the site of a family we had become friends with, and just took down and hid our tents and bags during the day (not that you really need a tent in summer...). The Rangers are pretty strict with the 7 day rule, even if you are stood there with a handful of cash to pay for a extension on the stay. Just be sociable and there will always be someone willing to share a bear box (this is the most important thing). If your staying there beyond 7 days, pitch your tent late and get it down before 7am and you should be ok.
Russ Walling 28 Aug 2012
In reply to Ed Booth:

Buy a shite $20 tent at Walmart and set it up for the first week, then whip out your real kit for the second week and have your mate register.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...