UKC

Down the pub in Beddgelert

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ceri 22 Aug 2012
We're camping in Beddgelert at the weekend. I've never stayed there before: can you recommend a pub for people with dogs and kids???
 climber34neil 22 Aug 2012
In reply to ceri: Cwelyn arms ( not sure about the spelling!) up the road towards Rydd du , not been in for a while but always good in the past and they seem to like dirty smelly animals and dogs!
 Mike Peacock 22 Aug 2012
In reply to ceri: Not the Cwellyn Arms - good beer, but expensive and the landlord is miserable.

In Beddgelert I normally go to the Tanronnen. Food is good, the beer is decent (Robinsons so nothing fantastic), and its generally a mix of tourists and locals.
ceri 22 Aug 2012
In reply to ceri: thanks! Although i think i maybe now more unsure than ever. Anyone else want to join in on which is the best pub, or is it one each night?
 gethin_allen 22 Aug 2012
In reply to ceri:
we had food at the saracens head, it was pretty reasonable. We had just returned from 3 days walking with full pack at were mingin but the staff didn't seem bothered. I've no idea about their policy in dogs.

I wouldn't bother with the Cwellyn, last time we went it was expensive, mediocre and despite pre-ordering food with plenty of warning they were generally really pissed off with us having brought a group of 14 to their pub, despite the fact that we were well behaved and probably bankrolled them for the month.
 Owen W-G 22 Aug 2012
In reply to ceri:

All the pubs are a bit rubbish, unless you like Robinsons Unicorn. The only good pub is that hotel, slightly outa town. It's more expensive but serves Moose beers. That said, you've got dogs and kids and might not care too much about the booze (not everyone is like me) in which case take your pick of one of the three near each other by the bridge.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...