UKC

Esoteric bouldering blog gone - anyone got Gollums PDF?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DaveX 22 Aug 2012
Afternoon boulderers,

The esoteric bouldering blog seems to have disappeared. Anyone know where it went?

I'm after the topo they had for Gollums cave in Bristol and was wondering if anyone had a copy they could email me?

Cheers,
Dave
 Offwidth 22 Aug 2012
In reply to DaveX:

Tried on UKB??
 pocketrocket 22 Aug 2012
In reply to DaveX:
Gollums is detailed in Niall Grimes' Boulder Britain book, definitely worth a purchase if you haven't got it already.
OP DaveX 22 Aug 2012
In reply to DaveX: Can't find it on UKB and can't afford another guide book this month! Just moved to Bristol and bought a couple of local ones. Bummed out that I didn't download the Gollums Cave stuff when I looked at it before.
 dbruniges 22 Aug 2012
In reply to DaveX:

you could try here:

http://wayback.archive.org/web/20091001000000*/http://www.esotericboulderin...

no topos/images cached but the data is still there. Shame it was taken down. Anyone know why?
 thomasadixon 22 Aug 2012
In reply to DaveX:

I've got it. If you message me on here (so I've got your address) I'll e-mail it to you.
Paul Twomey 27 Aug 2012
In reply to DaveX:

Esoteric Bouldering was created by Bristol local Andy Sainsbury and a friend of his. Unfortunately Andy moved to Australia a while ago and left it in the hands of his friend.

Rich and I at TCA talked to Andy before he left about taking it on and keeping it updated but sadly nothing came of it.

I'll give Andy a shout again and see what's happened.
 Perryman 09 Sep 2012
In reply to thomasadixon: Hi, this is cheeky I know, sorry, but would it be possible for u to email me the guide too? I've just moved to Bristol and don't know anyone but need to climb! It would be very much appreciated, but don't worry if not. Cheers, Sean.
 thomasadixon 11 Sep 2012
In reply to Perryman:

E-mail me and I'll get it sent over, it's no problem. I'd just add as I've been asked by others I've only got this bit, not the rest of the site.
 Monk 12 Sep 2012
In reply to Paul Twomey:

Do you know if it is simply a matter of hosting, or has the original topo disappeared or not available for reproduction? I'd be happy to create a new guide to the Ringroad boulders, but it would probably take me a long time as I don't have much spare time at the moment.
Paul Twomey 13 Sep 2012
In reply to Monk:
I've emailed and FB'd Andy and am still waiting for a reply. We talked about taking it over before he left to keep and build on it as a resource for the local community but he got tied up in other things like becoming a dad. I'm guessing it doesn't seem so important from Melbourne.
I'll let you know when I hear anything and I'll ask Dan Savoury if he still has his originals.
Ian Hill 13 Sep 2012
In reply to Paul Twomey:

Is this the one I did? If so I'll email you THE original
In reply to Ian Hill: I spoke to Dan Savoury last night and he does have the originals and wil get them down to us. We'll then host and develop all the topos on our site. It might take a little while though.
Rich

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...