Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Instructor Recommendation

jonnylowes - on 22 Aug 2012
Help!

I can't teach my girlfriend to climb. I mean this in the same way as I can't teach her to drive. I've enlisted the help of my friends, only to be let down, too busy with other things etc.

She can climb - French 5's and Font 5's in door, but she is really scared of height. She backs off after 3-5m, which is fine, but after number of weeks of trying to do 10-15m roped wall routes, I've started getting a bit frustrated. My frustration isn't helpful to our relationship. She is generally okay at the local bouldering wall.

I'm willing to try, most importantly as is she, but I suggested that maybe we enlist the help of a professional. I was thinking that she might be more comfortable on a female-only course. Was wondering if anyone can make any recommendations? We live near Newcastle upon Tyne, and we are used to travelling to the Lakes/Scotland etc so would consider those locations as well as North East England/Yorkshire.

Many thanks in advance.
... not showing 5 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums