Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Scottish winter mountaineering/climbing

the ant hill mob - on 23 Aug 2012
Hey,

I have just got back from a 5 day alpine introduction with jagged globe; I really enjoyed the course and completed the Mont Blanc extension after. I spoke to my guide about what to do next and a cheap way to do it (as Iím a student) and currently in debt massively due to the above... He suggested that I go to Scotland for the winter and do some ice climbing and winter mountaineering to continue to gain experience and knowledge.

So I plan to spend my whole winter leave from university in Scotland doing just this, the only problem is I need a competent partner/s to show me the ropes etc... None of my mates are interested in this kind of thing so I need a partner thatís willing to share a bit of their time and knowledge with me to help me improve.

I have experience in the hills from 10 years in the Army, and personal trips and started climbing last year, but I'm trying to learn everything as fast as possible as feel Iím playing catch up to people who have been doing this for years.

Is there anyone who can help? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks!
... not showing 3 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums