UKC

NEWS: FRI NIGHT VID: Cerro Torre by Fair Means with Kelly Cordes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 24 Aug 2012
Cerro Torre Video, 4 kbA look at Cerro Torre:

"Since its 1974 first ascent until 2012, only three new routes were established to Cerro Torre's summit without relying on the bolt ladders of the infamous Compressor Route..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67378

Jamie Hageman 24 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News: Nice video, and some beautiful photographs too.
 henwardian 25 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News: Some really beautiful photos. I'd definitely mute it though, pseudo philosophical semi religious bullshit and self righteousness is pretty puke worthy.
 CragRat11 25 Aug 2012
In reply to henwardian:
> (In reply to UKC News) Some really beautiful photos. I'd definitely mute it though, pseudo philosophical semi religious bullshit and self righteousness is pretty puke worthy.

I think I'd rather mute you.

henwardian 25 Aug 2012
In reply to CragRat11:
> I think I'd rather mute you.

Interesting. I didn't know we meet regularly in real life. Are you one of my pupils?
Zillas 25 Aug 2012
In reply to henwardian:

Agreed. But they forced David Lama to climb it in even better style )
 CragRat11 25 Aug 2012
In reply to henwardian: Thankfully not.
 jacobjlloyd 25 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News: Very well put, as you would expect from these guys. Climbing honestly, respectfully, and for the right reasons. Rebellion for the right reasons is to be applauded, after all
 jazzyjackson 25 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News:

magic film ; )
 jazzyjackson 25 Aug 2012
In reply to CragRat11:
> (In reply to henwardian)
> [...]
>
> I think I'd rather mute you.

i concur
 Jubjab 25 Aug 2012
In reply to jazzyjackson: To be honest, by not mentioning Lama's free ascent by a single word this video seems rather hypocritical.
 IamAJMiller 27 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Great video with some stunning images. But I kept thinking of one question the whole time, and I'm sure someone here can give me the answer: How do they get down?! Are they ab-ing off natural features or is it off gear they are leaving behind? Is it a bit of down climbing (because that looks impossible) or something else completely? Sorry to ask such a noobies question but I always wondered that about spires and was too afraid to ask! Be gentle please!
 Jonny2vests 28 Aug 2012
In reply to IamAJMiller:

If its a new route, then most likely they a lot of tat with them.
 galpinos 28 Aug 2012
In reply to Jubjab:
> (In reply to jazzyjackson) To be honest, by not mentioning Lama's free ascent by a single word this video seems rather hypocritical.

He's not a Patagonia sponsored athlete though, they're not going to promote other companies "ambassadors" are they?

My opinion of him went up after his article in the last issue of Alpinist.
 Ramon Marin 28 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Nice video, gives historical perspective to what's been going on there. Good riddance to the bolt ladder, it ain't yosemite.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...