UKC

Sanding a Beastmaker?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Beardyman 27 Aug 2012
Is sanding a Beastmaker fingerboard a good idea? I find the wood so smooth that I struggle to hold most of the smaller holds, the 35 and the 45 slopers.

Was wondering about sanding it with rough sandpaper to improve friction?

Anyone done this?

...or maybe I'm just weak...
 Niels 27 Aug 2012
In reply to Beardyman: beastmakers tend to get easier to hold the more they are used, get on it more
 andi turner 28 Aug 2012
In reply to Beardyman: I think the idea is that they're meant to be smooth and hard to hold onto!
 205Chris 28 Aug 2012
In reply to Beardyman:

I remember reading somehwere (maybe on the old beastmaker site) that all boards are sanded with a certain grade roughness of sandpaper so you could adjust the difficulty by sanding them.

To make the slopers easier to hold, sand them with a rougher grade

To make the slopers harder(!), sand them with a smoother grade.

Just don't do it too often or you'll wear your board out.
 krank 28 Aug 2012
In reply to Beardyman:
yeah sanding is fine, as you say they arrive quite smooth, i sanded mine a little and it was much better. As you get stronger you can sand it again to make it smoother and harder to hold. It used to say on the beastmaker site which grade of sand paper they were finished with so you know what grade of SP to use to take it back to the origional smoothness.
 UKB Shark 28 Aug 2012
In reply to krank:
> It used to say on the beastmaker site which grade of sand paper they were finished with so you know what grade of SP to use to take it back to the origional smoothness.

P120

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...