UKC

NEWS: North Wales Limestone 2012 News Round-Up

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 28 Aug 2012
Boys cranking on The Diamond, 4 kbHere local Ormes climber Chris Doyle gives us a brief round-up of the harder ascents, new routes and developments on North Wales Limestone so far this summer.

"Luckily, unlike most of its English counterparts, seepage is fairly minimal on the Welsh limestone so plenty has been done so far this season despite the appalling weather..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67388

snoop6060 28 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Is there a topo and approach info for the diamond anywhere on the net?
Steve Findlay 28 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News: Did anyone ever get round to repeating 'Far away and Long Ago' below the allotment ?
 doylo 29 Aug 2012
In reply to Steve Findlay:

Good question? I don't know the answer but am guessing if no one did it around the time of the FA then it probably hasn't been repeated.
 snoop6060 30 Aug 2012
In reply to doylo:

Hi Doylo,

Whats the situation with the orme this weekend? Think the holidays are over soon, at least my missus is back to work monday. So is this friday the end of the restrictions?

How many hrs after hightide is LPT accessible too? I get this wrong pretty much everytime and get chased off the crag after a couple of routes.

Cheers
 Calder 30 Aug 2012
In reply to snoop6060:
> (In reply to doylo)
>
> Hi Doylo,
>
> Whats the situation with the orme this weekend? Think the holidays are over soon, at least my missus is back to work monday. So is this friday the end of the restrictions?
>
The BMC RAD says the 8th September, so I'm afraid not. I don't know the answer to your second question - and since I've history of being lowered into the chasing tide I'll refrain from guessing!

http://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/RAD/ViewCrag.aspx?id=830

snoop6060 30 Aug 2012
In reply to Calder:

Thanks, thats a real shame as high tide for LPT about midday. Plan B it looks like.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...