UKC

Snowdon Route Map

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hey,

Does anyone have a scan/pdf/image of all the Snowdon routes, the most common/touristy paths being of most interest. The more detail on the map the better.

Any help much appreciated
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant: you need the Ordnance Survey map OL 17 that has all the routes on it!
 Mike Peacock 29 Aug 2012
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

This covers the Pyg and the Miners on an OS map (though be warned it also refers to 'Mount Snowdon):
http://www.redpouches.org.uk/mountain_routes.htm
 Banned User 77 29 Aug 2012
In reply to Mike Peacock: Its becoming fact now... just seems more and more common.. I saw it on a vegan 3000ers challenge.. the new accepted name..

carlo 29 Aug 2012
In reply to IainRUK: Yr Eryria - what more do you need!
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

Yes, but the southern 'branch' of the Pyg track (past 'The Horns') marked there - same as OS map - is v out of date and now virtually non-existent and includes some nasty terrain. Take northern one. Well marked in diagram Mike Peacock has posted.
 Mike Peacock 29 Aug 2012
In reply to Gordon Stainforth: Indeed. If going that way then taking the ridge along The Horns (Craig Fach) is well worth doing. Always quiet, but fantastically undulating with fine views.
 davegs 29 Aug 2012
In reply to carlo:
> (In reply to IainRUK) Yr Eryria - what more do you need!

Is that the same as Yr Eryri
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:
> ... the Snowdon routes, the most common/touristy paths being of most interest...

http://www.harveymaps.co.uk/acatalog/Snowdonia_The_Glyderau_and_the_Carnedd...

Banned User 77 29 Aug 2012
In reply to Mike Peacock:
> (In reply to Gordon Stainforth) Indeed. If going that way then taking the ridge along The Horns (Craig Fach) is well worth doing. Always quiet, but fantastically undulating with fine views.

That's a lovely section.. I've never seen even any remnants of the other branch of the pyg.. but the horns provides a pretty unique view point of the pass and as you say I don#t think I've ever met anyone up there.. We do it as a short 5 k.. out on the miners, climb to bwlch y moch and back along the horns.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...