Running forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Advice Needed- lightweight fell pack

Aly - on 29 Aug 2012
Hi all,
I'm looking to get a new fell-running pack and need some advice. I've got an event coming up in Snowdonia which needs basic mountain kit to be carried so I'm looking for recommendations for a good lightweight sack. I would usually run with a 3L bumbag, and also have one of the old Macpac 20amp sacs which I've used for mountain marathons but I don't think the bumbag will cope with the kitlist and the 20L sac is too big.

The kit list is fairly basic but I need to carry waterproof overtrousers & jacket, spare warm clothing (fleece I assume), map, compass, whistle, mobile phone, hat, gloves, blister kit, blizzard pack/foil blanket, nutrition and at least 400ml of fluid.

I think this is pretty standard kit for a lot of mountain races so what do you guys use to carry it? I really like my Macpac sac as it has a slightly longer back so would be willing to buy them again but the OMM and Inov-8 offerings also look good. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to try many of them on before buying so what kind of size will I need? I was thinking 8-10L should be sufficient, or is that too small? Would I be able to cram that into a larger bumbag (~4-5L)? Any packs you can recommend?

Thanks in advance!
... not showing 7 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums