UKC

THE LOWDOWN: VIDEO: SISU

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jani Lehtola on Voimasanat, 8B+, Rovaniemi, Finland, 4 kbIn Finland they got something called "sisu". It's not an easy word to explain and google translate really doesn't help ("go"), but it has to do with never surrendering, to never give no matter how bad the odds are. To me, Jani Lehtola is the incarnation of "sisu".
Jani found his dream project,...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67397
Sokk 31 Aug 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

"Voimasanat" actually means "Words of power".
In reply to Sokk: Sorry for my Finnish being utter crap, it's been changed. Thanks!
 TobyA 31 Aug 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: I better not show the video to my kids as I don't want them to learn to swear like that. It's kinda rude!

When I read the title I thought you were going to report that Nalle had done his Sisu project! This seemed a bit unlikely considering the current warm-ish conditions but we can live in hope...
In reply to TobyA: Yeah, the warm-ish conditions and Nalle being in South Africa
 McBirdy 04 Sep 2012

Pretty sure that if you play that video through fast you can actually see the tree in the foreground growing...

Well persevered that man.

Ben
 Ben Stokes Global Crag Moderator 06 Sep 2012

Awesome perseverance. Great outbursts though if I could understand what Jani was saying i might think differently! Not difficult to see Jani's frustration and towards the end of the vid I found myself willing Jani on...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...