Rock Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Mallorca beta

natgus - on 08 Sep 2012
Hey All,

I am an American climber looking for some info on Mallorca. I posted this on mountainproject.com, but figured I would get a better response here.

Anyways, I was recently accepted into a program for teaching English in Mallorca. Assuming I can get my visa taken care of I will be teaching and living in Palma from October-May. I will only be working about 12 hours a week so will have lots of time to do what I love most, climb.

Anyways, after doing some google searches without much result I figured I would post up on MP to see if people could help me out.

-Is there a climbing website for Spain similar to UKC/MP.com? I was hoping to find somewhere to post looking for long term partners.

-Are there gyms in Palma? I could not find any using google, but I would hope there is at least one gym to climb/meet people?

-Does anyone have any experience with the local climbing community there? Are there a lot of local climbers?

If anyone has any other general info/tips for me that would be great. I am excited for this job, but also nervous about all the unknowns... having a bit more info on how to meet climbers and get climbing will help out with that!

Thanks!
... not showing 3 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums