UKC

Is Kinder Downfall in yet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tipsy 11 Sep 2012
I woke up this morning; it was a bit chilly and I had to put a long sleeved jacket on. I come in to work and notice on UKC that there's snow on the Ben...

Is Kinder Downfall in yet?
 pebbles 11 Sep 2012
In reply to tipsy:
yes, I did it yesterday. Watch out for the cornice.
 wilkie14c 11 Sep 2012
In reply to pebbles:
I put it to you madam that you are a blagarrd. I was there yesterday waiting around for a break in the weather and so was my mate who was going to film me soloing Englands best winter route but it was simply too banked out and the powder avalanches made the proposition far too risky. We gave up around 16.00 and walked it back to Manchester and owards home on the 27A bus feeling rather dejected. Sure you didn't mean the day before? There was some freshly cut steps so someone was there the day before
 Richard Baynes 11 Sep 2012
In reply to tipsy: Don't be ridiculous. Glen Clova is only just in nick.
 pebbles 11 Sep 2012
In reply to blanchie14c: You should have tried the alpine start, conditions were perfect at 2am. The subsequent heavy snowfall that stymied you did not begin till dawn.
 JohnnyW 11 Sep 2012
In reply to tipsy:
Grey Mare's tail?
Tim Chappell 11 Sep 2012
In reply to tipsy:

Excellent skiing powder in Milton Keynes today.

In the Sno-Zone, at any rate.
 alpine69 13 Sep 2012
In reply to pebbles:

ah so it was you who cut through the cornice so to allow me my ski decent , thanks very much
 rnotman67 13 Sep 2012
In reply to tipsy: Haha JohnnyW, I went up to check but theres still water running in the middle. maybe 2moro...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...