UKC

another top rope sheffield

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 shumidrives 11 Sep 2012
i know ive posted about top-roping and asking people if they could help me and my friend showing us how to set up outdoor (peaks) i had a few emails from people offering help but my email got hacked before i could read them so help peopleeeeee
OP shumidrives 11 Sep 2012
In reply to shumidrives: bump
 Manboob 12 Sep 2012
In reply to shumidrives:

Why not just buy a book and have a go yourself? Setting up a top-rope isn't too complex.

For instance: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rock-Climbing-Essential-Skills-Techniques/dp/095415...

Andy
 deacondeacon 12 Sep 2012
In reply to shumidrives: Buy the book that mandy recommended, read it from cover to cover a couple of times and take it with you to a crag.
Forget top-roping and start leading very easy low routes. (the christmas area at Bamford or the apparent north area at Stanage would be ideal).
You're looking for boulder height problems that you'd be happy to solo.
I reckon this is a much safer introduction to trad and you're unlikely to weight the belays until you've led a few routes and set-up a good few anchors.
Good luck!

Derry 12 Sep 2012
In reply to shumidrives:

loads of stuff on you tube showing various set-ups. But I would also recommend buying/borrowing a book and read through so you get an idea of what is best practice, and what to avoid and why.
 dutybooty 12 Sep 2012
In reply to shumidrives: Happy to take you at some time after october though so it shall be cold! Till then program is a little busy with training for Alps.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...