UKC

Witch Hunt, Huntsmans

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Apharri 15 Sep 2012
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how safe Witch Hunt in Huntsman's Leap is? If you blow the 6b crux and the peg breaks are you going to hit the ground?

Thanks

Adam
 Peter Milner 15 Sep 2012
In reply to Apharri: No, you won't hit the ground, but you'd take a bit of a pendulum. It's generally well protected, but you'd want to fix a high runner to the right before you start the crux traverse. For me the crucial hold was a thin seepage slot, and you might want to check that it's dry before committing to it. Have fun.
 J B Oughton 15 Sep 2012
In reply to Apharri: I did it this summer, no way will you hit the ground if you fall from the crux! It's about twenty meters up, and just a few meters to the right of the main peg are a couple of massive flakes, where you can put loads of bomber wires and cams in as well as another (even worse) peg that I didn't even bother clipping. The 6b crux is properly hard, but even if you fell and the peg did break you'd just take a pretty big, but safe pendulum swing on to the gear to the right. Hope this helps.

Like I said the crux is pretty hard so let me know if you want any beta on the actual moves, and good luck!
 J B Oughton 15 Sep 2012
In reply to Peter Milner: Beat me to it!

The crucial hold does seep, it was a bit wet when I did it, but if you see it looks a little damp then don't be put off - it's quite positive so if you slap some chalk on you'll be fine!
 Ed Booth 15 Sep 2012
In reply to Apharri: As previously mentioned, there is a big cluster of gear to the right. It is actually a fairly loose sounding block but you get a lot in and there is other gear below. Also if you dont mind beta *there is a hidden good cam slot about thigh/knee level as you traverse left. Its about a half or a 1 or something.* You can see it if you go out for a look but it faces the other way so its awkward to find. Good rest back at the right too. ITs just a hard move because you have to bone a wet slopey slimey green crimp. Enjoy though. good route.
 UKB Shark 15 Sep 2012
In reply to Apharri:

Bit of a reach IIRC but I'm sure you'll piss it anyway
OP Apharri 16 Sep 2012
In reply to Apharri: Thanks everyone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...