UKC

Video Editing Software

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 john mc c 16 Sep 2012
So, I have a Canon 550d which produces great HD video. Problem is editing, I've converted to WMV files and tried Windows Movie Maker, the results are far from HD quality...
Can anyone suggest what might be a good software to try? I've tried the free versions of Sony Vegas and also Adobe, but seems only 64 Bit Versions are available. Unfortunetely I'm running 32 Bit XP.
Overall, I'm now a bit stuck as how to keep my HD footage as HD after editing.
Any suggestions appreciated.
 koolkat 16 Sep 2012
In reply to john mc c:
check out my attempts using corel studio pro easy to use and not too expensive the footage is shot on either contour 1080 full hd or drift 720 hd still playing with the cameras really
http://www.youtube.com/user/iamkoolkat?feature=mhee
and if u tube says the video is wobbly and they can fix it dont belive them thats what happened with the diving vid ;-(
 The Lemming 16 Sep 2012
In reply to john mc c:

I find Power Director an excellent bit of kit for video editing. it isn't often that I actually buy any software but this product is definitely worth every penny spent on it.

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/11684693/Cyberlink-Power-Director-8-Deluxe/Pr...
OP john mc c 16 Sep 2012
In reply to john mc c:
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll take a look at those.
Anyone with anything else they can recommend, I'd be happy to hear.
Cheers.
 ChrisJD 16 Sep 2012
In reply to The Lemming:
> (In reply to john mc c)
>
> I find Power Director an excellent bit of kit for video editing. it isn't often that I actually buy any software but this product is definitely worth every penny spent on it.

+1 for PD10
 Garbhanach 16 Sep 2012
In reply to john mc c: Have a look at these links it is still possible to download Adobe CS4 versions which work on 32 bits, I only had a quick look but if you are still stuck for a license then explain this to adobe customer services and see what they advise.

This is a link to Cs4 creative suite so you will have to look for Premier Pro and After Effects

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5291

http://prodesigntools.com/how-to-get-prior-adobe-software-versions-cs4-cs5....

Downloads
32-bit CS4 versions of After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Creative Suite CS5 (and later) Master Collection and Production Premium suites contain versions of After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro which require 64-bit OSes. For Windows customers who have purchased these suites but who have not yet upgraded to 64-bit versions of Windows, Adobe provides CS4 versions of After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro which can be run on 32-bit versions of Windows. You will require a special serial number for these products; see below for detailed information.
OP john mc c 16 Sep 2012
In reply to Garbhanach:
Thanks very much, thats a big help. Appreciated.
 rallymania 17 Sep 2012
In reply to Garbhanach:

"plus one" for premier / aftereffects

yes... you do have to spend a bit of time watching youtube tuturial videos to get the best out of them (probably true of all video editors)

i like creativecow.net as an excellent source of such videos

but they (PP and AE) are fantastic

but i'm going to be annoying and say, you probably want to upgrade your pc/laptop if you are trying to edit HD video on something that has XP on it... remember XP was released more than 10 years ago, a decent new machine will make a massive difference to your workflow... especially with not having to convert the files in the first place but, primarily with rendering out your finished project.
 ChrisJD 17 Sep 2012
In reply to rallymania:

> but i'm going to be annoying and say, you probably want to upgrade your pc/laptop if you are trying to edit HD video on something that has XP on it... remember XP was released more than 10 years ago, a decent new machine will make a massive difference to your workflow... especially with not having to convert the files in the first place but, primarily with rendering out your finished project.

Yep. I went from a (64 bit) XP PC that took 30 minutes to render 5 mins worth of HD footage to a hex core PC that takes 2.5 mins!
OP john mc c 17 Sep 2012
In reply to rallymania:
I had thought that this would probably be the case that I'd need to get a better machine.....
More stuff to think about!
Cheers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...