Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - UKC Fit Club week 287

Si dH - on 16 Sep 2012
I said I'd do this for Dan this week as he's going to be late back.

UKC Fit Club is not a substitute for the training diary but to use with ( or without ) it as a motivational tool for all.

For those wanting to find out more about training for climbing a number of physical training articles here:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=274502

A new thread is posted each week on Sunday for anyone to jot down their previous week's activity, noting goals, successes and failures and to swap ideas.

Anyone interested in starting is very welcome but you should aim to post each week, every week, however little or much you have done. By making such a regular public record of your activities and by restating your goals every week this new habit will hopefully improve your training habits to help achieve your goals whatever the level of your chosen activity.

Link to last week's (286) thread:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=519255&v=1#x7011875

Posters:
Daniel Heath - nice one, sounds like another awesome week. Impressed with Ramshaw Crack! Simple Simon is known to be hard for the grade.
Joughton - More good mileage! I'm keen to get on The Rasp soon...
Biscuit - good to hear you can climb a bit at least - must be good news?
Grubes - claim the soft touches. MM is worth E1 even if Namenos isnt. Just :)
Richard Popp - hope your fostering is going well. Getting the odd session on the fingerboard is good, will keep up the strength.
JimmyKay - work...I know the feeling
Hokkyokusei - good hiking - 24 summits is a lot
Eagle River - good luck with the injuries
NMN - lots of running mileage. Maybe dedicate a day per week to climbing? :)
ayuplass - nice one. Mileage outside is key for trad at those grades.
Mattrm - I feel your pain on house decorating. Good running progress.
mrchewy - well done in Wales. they are all brilliant routes arent they? If you can second Atlantis pitch 1 and NWP without falling, you should be leading VS very easily.
AJM - the amount of climbing you are doing is not fair. And you should be crushing Font 7b now, 6c is virtually a path!
Ian Bell - nice one on Tower Face, sounds like a big achievement and its a really good route.
maria85 - sounds like youre going about things the right way - lots of mileage and Im sure youll get some 6a+s soon
IainRUK - I watch a jungfrau marathon once when I was a kid (well, some of it). Looks like ridiculously hard work, well done.
pebbles - lots of mileage at least. I used to find limestone desperate when most of my climbing was grit. It isnt all loose, but it can feel it sometimes when yoru heads in the wrong place. I found it was just a case of doing it more often, as you learn to read the moves, holds and upcoming gear placements more easily, which is the big thing that is harder than mid-grade grit (where everything above you is usually pretty obvious). Then you commit to thigns quicker, get less pumped, etc etc. Id have thoguht the chee tor might be a bit dirty at the moment mind?
oddtoast - welcome! Soudns like thre bug has bitten you if youre on here only a week after your first climb. Be prepared for climbing to take over your life :)
Curious Yellow - good luck with the RP projects.
Leon - well doen getting a day in :) What was the E2?
Quiddity - nice one ticking NS. I'm impressed by how much structure/science you always put in to your training.
pork pie girl: welcome to you to1 doesnt sound like you must be eating too many pork pies. Any goals to share? Might be worth trying climbign in the mornign rather than after a hard biking session?
Ali - already said it, but well done again!
ally smith - nice one working out some new moves ion the project

... not showing 107 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums