UKC

Yorkshire Grit. Pre order now!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pagan 17 Sep 2012
In reply to harry spotter:

Can't wait - looks excellent. Love the cover shot.
Wiley Coyote2 17 Sep 2012
Looks very good but Black Wall 5b? That has to be a misprint.
Let the bitching and arguing commence!

And Great Western has been demoted to only three stars? Outrageous!
 Pagan 17 Sep 2012
In reply to Wiley Coyote:

Even better - maybe they gave the extra star to a route which actually deserves it!
In reply to Pagan:

Better than Great Western? I understand the individual words but the concept fails to compute
 thedatastream 18 Sep 2012
Loving the aerial photos, great idea
 chalkyjim 18 Sep 2012

Lot of work gone into these by the organisers. Especially as they both have had babies in the time that they have been putting them together. They have really put their lives into this and hundreds of hours work. Looking at the samples it's exactly how they should look and I for one can't wait to get my hands on one.
Again good effort to robin, Adi and everyone else involved.
 1poundSOCKS 18 Sep 2012
In reply to chalkyjim: Do you know if Baildon Bank is in Volume 2?
 chalkyjim 18 Sep 2012
Volume 2 I think yes. Picture the A65 as a divide between the 2 books and that's not far wrong.
 Jon Stewart 18 Sep 2012
> (In reply to Pagan)
>
> Better than Great Western? I understand the individual words but the concept fails to compute

Might it help if I were to provide a (long) list of routes in the Peak that are better than Great Western?
 1poundSOCKS 18 Sep 2012
In reply to chalkyjim: Cheers Jim, panic over!
 MHutch 18 Sep 2012
In reply to chalkyjim:

So this is the north of A65 volume? Are Crookrise, Rylstone and Eastby etc going in the other one?
 chalkyjim 18 Sep 2012
In reply to MHutch:

Yeah that's vol 2
Wiley Coyote2 18 Sep 2012
In reply to Jon Stewart:
> (In reply to Wiley Coyote
>
> Might it help if I were to provide a (long) list of routes in the Peak that are better than Great Western?

Impossible. They all suffer from the drawback of my having to drive through (or around) Bradford and Sheffield to reach them.

In reply to Toreador:

Looks nice with one caveat: the photo captions are overlain directly on to the photos so in quite a few cases there's no contrast between the background and the text making it illegible.

It's not just this guide, quite a few others do it as well. Captions should either be on the facing page or if they must be overlain on the photo then put a box of contrasting colour behind the text so that it's legible.

Rant over!

Now about those stars on GW - how come they only removed one? There's better HVSs at Almscliff let alone elsewhere on Yorkshire Grit.

ALC
 Niall Grimes 18 Sep 2012
Excellent looking stuff. Big congrats to the team
 Calder 18 Sep 2012

It actually looks like Andy McCue is going for six points of contact on that pic in the Caley section. Such mistakes are unacceptable...........
 Jon Stewart 18 Sep 2012
> (In reply to Jon Stewart)
> [...]
>
> Impossible. They all suffer from the drawback of my having to drive through (or around) Bradford and Sheffield to reach them.

That's a rubbish way to get to Hen Cloud
 adi3969 20 Sep 2012
In reply to Niall Grimes: Cheers Niall, your help from the background has been immense and worthy of a jedi master
 Niall Grimes 20 Sep 2012
In reply to adi3969: Ah-sole

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...