UKC

Cardiff Accomodation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sam Edwards 19 Sep 2012
Hey all

Wondering if any of the UKC can help. I am going to see the Wales Samoa game on the 16th November with my brother and dad. We are looking for some cheap accomodation. Premier in have changed their rate from £39 to £116 !!

any suggestions welcome.

Sam
 gethin_allen 19 Sep 2012
In reply to Sam Edwards:
See what you can find on cathedral road or for lower quality try the town end of newport road. Both are walkable from town but I can't give any specific info.
 antdav 20 Sep 2012
In reply to gethin_allen: you'll struggle on a match day anywhere in Cardiff. You may be better off getting the train out to another town, Caerphilly, Ponty, Penarth, Barry, Newport etc. Or pack your tent and head to the Wenallt.
 gethin_allen 20 Sep 2012
In reply to antdav:
not sure i'd bother with those places,
Caerphilly, grim
ponty, (pool or pridd) both grim,

barry, better but still grim,

newport, see above but does have better rail links, depending on if they close the train station in cardiff as they have done in the past.

antdav 20 Sep 2012
In reply to gethin_allen: I agree they are all pretty grim. Caerphilly not being too bad but accommodation on a match day is tough to find at reasonable prices in Cardiff.
 Ollie B 20 Sep 2012
In reply to Sam Edwards:

just stay up all night and get the first train home in the morning. a fair few people (and not jsut tramps) will be doing that so i wouldnt worry about finding similarly minded indivduals.

or drive and sleep in the car?
 Mark Morris 20 Sep 2012
In reply to Sam Edwards: Booking.com has rooms from £40/£50 close to the stadium at the moment. How you traveling to Cardiff? The match is in the evening isn't it? So I'm guessing your looking for a post match crash rather than anything else.

get on booking.com or try one of the hotels on Cathedral Road, they wont be full at the moment.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...