UKC

new shoes....HELP..!!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Catwilduk 19 Sep 2012
hi all
i realy need some advice

over the last year ...dont laught my feet have grown.

my shoe size is a uk12....with broad feet

im looking for new climbing shoes but tried all the well known makes on and they are very tight on my big toes and very uncomfy
i know in the past i bought a 1/2 size smaller than i was ,,but it seems that the shoes ive tried dont work like that any more...so the question is do i go up a size..??? uk13

the next problem is cant seem to find a uk 13 only in germany
http://www.outdoorsports24.com

so any sugestions plz and advice on this 1 plz many thanks in advance
 mattc 19 Sep 2012
In reply to Catwilduk: La sportiva come up massive
Catwilduk 20 Sep 2012
In reply to mattc: what you mean massive..??
im a uk 12,,,but not tried lava sports on as of yet what size is best do you think plz......regards sean
 Jenny C 20 Sep 2012
In reply to Catwilduk: Fit/sizing depends totally on model. I once tried on our entire rockshoe range and needed anything from a UK4.5 to a UK8 (my usual shoe size is a 7). The best advice is to ignore what it says on the box and just buy what fits.

As mentioned above LaSportiva come up big and IME most people downsize around 2 whole UK sizes from what they wear in other shoes.

What sort of shoe are you after? We stock the Boreal Joker in 13 and 14.
 t_hume 20 Sep 2012
In reply to Catwilduk:

My trainer size is a UK 13 (sometimes a bit bigger)and I have quite wide feet. I recently bought a pair of 5.10 Galileos in a UK 12. I can't fault them so far. I got them from Outside in Hathersage.

http://www.outside.co.uk/shop/Galileo

Hope that helps.
Catwilduk 20 Sep 2012
In reply to Jenny C:

hi jenny im after any thing that feel fomfy

but ive tried most of the well know makes on and they all seem to be pain full on my big toes....i was a size 10 uk shoes and had rock shoes size 10 and they were ok

but know im a size 12 and all the well known brands at go out doors and so tight and pain full lol to wear i know alot of ppl down size 1/2 to 1 may bee but you can realy damage feet if too much down sizing lol..
also i have broad feet so this efects the way they fit size 12 are realy had to come by or even a uk13,,,im going to cotword today to have a try of some

evolv Mens Defy 2010 Shoe
Red Chilli Mens Durango VCR 2011 Shoe
Boreal Mens Joker Shoe

Red Chilli Mens Durango 2011 Shoe

but any advice take lol
Catwilduk 20 Sep 2012
In reply to Catwilduk:

also ive found a cocal place that have

Five Ten Anasazi Verde
Five Ten Anasazi Arrowhead

in a size uk12 ill report back
on my finding lol
 Jon Wickham 20 Sep 2012
In reply to Catwilduk: I know the Boreal Joker and Red Chili Sausalito are available in sizes 13, 14 and 15. You just need to try and find somewhere that stocks them!
 EeeByGum 20 Sep 2012
In reply to Catwilduk: I have size 10 and broad feet. I used to buy shoes smaller than my feet and have very painful feet as a consequence. It all came to a head when a trip to Yosemite saw my toes bleed through the leather!

I now buy shoes that fit well (i.e. don't slide about) and I also wear socks for additional comfort and soak up the sweat ensuring a better fit and also that my sweaty feet don't slide around in my shoes. It also means my shoes don't stink any more.

I have never climbed harder or better than now. Shoes that seem to fit well are Scarpa and also the Boreal Jesters were quite good, but don't offer much support.
Catwilduk 21 Sep 2012
well guys thanks for the help

went to cotsworlds again today
they had in

Red Chilli Mens Durango VCR 2011 Shoe
Boreal Mens Joker Shoe

so the conclusion for me was the jokes were a great shoe but very tight on the toes but ,curl toes abit and the fitted ok ,,but the stick on them was a bit lacking in my opinion

the durango vcr are very comfy for a velcro shoe and i found in my opinion the sticky was alot better than the jokers,,so i went for them but time will tell if they are a good shoe or not.....

so if your a uk 12 look at the vcr...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...