Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Climbing when aching?

Seb Lee on 20 Sep 2012
hi guys,

ok so due to work and other commitments i've been uunable to climb since march/early april.

back then i was just pushing my grade and working 7a's, so was in the best shape i have ever been in climbing wise.

i can now climb again, tuesdays and thursdays every week, and started this tuesday just gone.

the problem is, even tho i took it easy (in terms of minimal crimping, no mono pockets etc..) i still ache. yesterday it was serious aching (everywhere!) and today only really in the forearms and when tensing abs/coughing.

so, having told all my climbing buddies which i havn't seen since the start of the year that i'd be there tonight, should i climb with still slightly aching forarms? (perhaps just take it easy?)

is this too much too soon and i'll pop a finger, (really don't want!) or just some muscle ache with minimal risk to fingers so long as i'm sensible?
... not showing 12 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums