UKC

Repairing climbing shoes sole

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pavolg1 20 Sep 2012
Hi my red chili climbing shoes have small holes on their toes. I don't have them for even 2 years It looks like the rubber on the toes is deliberately thinner as it is the part most of the climbers use mostly. I'm wondering if anyone knows anyone who is fixing climbing shoes? Gluing new sole on top of the old one should work just fine. My friend in Slovakia had his shoes fixed like that and it works great. It's just time and shipping cost why I'm trying to find someone in UK as I think it may be cheaper to do it here...

Otherwise I'll send them to slovakia if I won't find anyone here...

Any info will help thanks
 Kevster 20 Sep 2012
In reply to pavolg1:

There's a place in Llanberis - llanberis resoles I think they are called.
Also Cheshire shoes I believe.

A search of this site would no doubt bring up the required details.
 stonemaster 20 Sep 2012
In reply to pavolg1: Two years! Three and a bit months seems about normal here. Good luck.
 gd303uk 20 Sep 2012
In reply to pavolg1: Send them back to the manufacturer , with a strongly worded letter, disgraceful two years use and they are showing signs of wear, either you or the company should be ashamed.
I am lucky to get a season out of mine .

There are plenty of shoe repairs places, llanberis resoles sounds good.
 tallsop 20 Sep 2012
In reply to pavolg1:

Two years is pretty good going! especially for red chillis! put your hand in your pocket and buy a new pair! If you shop around on the web you can find soe great bargins - i just got a pair of evolv pontas for £40!
 gethin_allen 20 Sep 2012
In reply to pavolg1:
As stated above, Red chili rubber is a touch softer than some others, but, two years wear is pretty good even for just occasional use.
contact torquil at llanberis resoles, he did a good job on my boots.
 Jon Ratcliffe 21 Sep 2012
In reply to pavolg1: As mentioned above, Torquil at 'Llanberis Resoles' is very good and cheaper than the rest I think. Very happy with the resoles he did for me, excellent job. This is his site:

http://www.llanberisresoles.com/
pavolg1 21 Sep 2012
Thanks for all the replies. I'll send them to llanberisresoles and I'm looking for bargains online too... My shoes will have 2 years this coming christmas... and for £80 I expected better...

ye but I guess shoe makers needs to live too so they don't want them to last to long do they...
 tallsop 21 Sep 2012
In reply to pavolg1:

Just dont buy shoes that are 'this seasons' wait until the new ones come out, then get the old style when theyre on offer. If you want longer lasting shoes, your probably better off buying cheaper begginners shoes with harder rubber, although they last a lot longer, you will notice that they dont perform as well. I suppose youve just got to find a good balance between performance and hard-wearingness. Look at the DMM gym shoes, theyre pretty cheap, and really hard wearing.

http://www.jackson-sports.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=7524&gclid=CMLgjKD3xr...

But seriously, you shouldnt feel cheated by 'only' getting 2 years out of a pair of 80 quid shoes, I go through two pairs per year on average.

Cheers,

Tom

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...