Biking forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Cycling accident

hokkyokusei - on 21 Sep 2012
I ran into a car that was making a right turn in front of me on my evening commute the other night. I was in the cycle lane when the car on my right stopped to allow the driver that hit me to make a right turn. I saw what was going on but had no chance of stopping time. The driver that hit me reckoned it was my fault as the car at my side "flashed to give her the right of way" and that if I couldn't stop then I was going too fast. I reckon she's wrong though?

I suffered no major harm other than bruising, though I was pretty stunned for a while and someone called the police and ambulance, and the police have sent me her insurance details. The daft thing is I don't know how to make a claim. If it had happened in my car I would have just called my insurer. But I don't have any specific cycle insurance. (Ironically I have been considering it recently)

My bike is insured for theft under my home contents policy, but I'm not sure about collision damage. Should I just get a quote for repairs and call her insurance company? Or do I need a solicitor?
... not showing 87 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums