UKC

Bike stuff at Aldi - any good? (From 27/09/12)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 geebus 21 Sep 2012
http://aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week39Thursday12.htm

I could do with - reflective waterproof jacket, maybe shoes (I have mtb 'boots', but been doing a fair bit of road stuff for getting about with calorie burn) and maybe the tool kit for the bike-specific stuff.

Is it worth it, or should I be on ebay etc?

Also considering 'compression' stuff, but it seems the jury's still out on that being useful or not.
 Ridge 21 Sep 2012
In reply to geebus:
Can't comment on the shoes, but I've been impressed with Aldi kit. I bought a short sleeved and a long sleeved 'compression' type tops for running in cold weather. Really good at wicking, doesn't get you too hot but seems to keep you warm. I liked the look of the cycling jackets last time they were in, but by the time I can get to the store there'll only be one XS and one XXXL top left, both covered in sticky finger marks where the chav kiddies have been poking them.
 Steve John B 21 Sep 2012
In reply to geebus: I've got the brown mtb-style shoes, they're fine. Only work with 2-hole cleats (I think)
 pebbles 21 Sep 2012
In reply to Ridge: bought an aldi soft shell for £9 that I'v had for 3 years now, even worn it winter climbing. Bought a pair of ski trousers last winter that I wore to norway ice climbing, it was only chilly the first day when it was a maximum of -11 and I didnt wear thermals under them
 Tiberius 22 Sep 2012
In reply to geebus:

It's ok. Take price into account and it's fukin amazing. I have gloves, loads of tops and shorts.

I also have better kit, but it cost significantly more.

Not tried the shoes, same rules as climbing shoes really, if they fit get them, if they don't, don't.
 benka 22 Sep 2012
In reply to Tiberius: I have some MTB shoes from Aldi flexible and heavy sums them up. Cost 15 quid.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...