UKC

Boudering in North York Moors

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 galpinos 21 Sep 2012
Up in the North York Moors this weekend and keen to get out Sunday weather permitting.

Where would people recommend near to Stokesley that's not Scugdale or the Wainstones?

I've got the North York Moors guide and fancy something different to two crags mentioned. Any inspiration out there?

Also, is there any more info than the guidebook that I could get my hands on?
Tony Simpson 21 Sep 2012
In reply to galpinos:

There are now many places to go bouldering in NYM with lots of new development taking place (I know this will not help this trip) as new guide due to be published early next year (If deadline is still correct).

You could check out www.betaguides.co.uk who are writting the guide, the website details a lot of the areas and you may even be able to purchase a mini guide to the area you want now!!

Best places I have been to in the moors near to you are Rosberry topping (although the locals say its getting trashed) Ingelby Incline (great place) & Duck Pools (Further away from you though).

The weatehr dont look good for Sunday but tomorrow does. Please becareful when climbing on wet or damp sandstaone.

Hope this helps

Tony
OP galpinos 21 Sep 2012
In reply to Tony Simpson:

Cheers for the info Tony, I shall be checking out the betaguides site. My mother-in-law lives up that way so I'm up that way a fair bit, looking forward to the guide.

I shall be at the Stokesley show Saturday so will have to hope for a dry daty Sunday. If it's wet, I'll have my fell shoes with me so will be running, you won't catch me on wet sandstone!
Tony Simpson 21 Sep 2012
In reply to galpinos:

Glad to hear that. have a good one.

T

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...