UKC

Road tyres

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ardo 21 Sep 2012
Any recommendations for a reasonably priced, (sub £20), winter road training tyre?

Also, is there much difference between a 23 and a 25mm comfort wise? I know there'll be increased weight and rolling resistance, but on Sheffield roads that may well be worth it to avoid the feeling that you're riding a boneshaker.
In reply to nrhardy: At that price you'd be hard pushed to beat gatorskins

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/continental-ultra-gatorskin-road-tyre/

If you're happy sacrificing a small amount of speed then 25mm will be more comfortable than 23mm for the same pressure on the same road surface.
 parkovski 21 Sep 2012
In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut:

I have these and they've done 1500 miles with no punctures and no obvious sign of wear so far. 25mm will be a little bit more comfortable.
 r0b 21 Sep 2012
In reply to nrhardy:

I've just picked up some Schwalbe Durano Plus for the winter off ebay for about 20 quid a pop. They get good reviews so hopefully they will do the job.
OP Ardo 21 Sep 2012
In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut: Cheers chaps. Looks like another Wiggle order pending!
In reply to nrhardy:

The Vittoria Rubino's on my winter wheels have seen several thousand miles round the Lancashire lanes and have still got a fair bit of life in them. No punctures apart from the occasional pothole induced snakebite - they're also cheap as chips.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...