UKC

Liverpool University Climbing - Windgather

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 namagnall 22 Sep 2012
So that people are aware, the Liverpool University Mountaineering club are planning on taking our new members to windgather in the peak district on Sunday 30th of September.
If any other groups are planning on going there could they please comment below.
Thanks
Nathan
Climbing Captain
Liverpool University Mountaineering Club
 jimjimjim 22 Sep 2012
In reply to namagnall: 'HERE WE GO!!!!' (ufc style)
ban all students, hope it rains, poor crag choice etc etc.
 Rob Exile Ward 22 Sep 2012
In reply to jimjimjim: Good choice of crag (too good - if the weather is fine some of the beggars might enjoy themselves, and that wouldn't do at all!), the only thing I think anyone can ask is that you are sensitive to other climbers.

And leaving ropes down routes with no-one on them, like Germans leaving towels on empty sun loungers, is a definite no-no, although I'm sure you know that.
 Rob Exile Ward 22 Sep 2012
In reply to namagnall: PS what's this business about Climbing 'Captain'?
 mcdougal 22 Sep 2012
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

Captain of the climbing club. To be referred to as "Your Excellency".

steve taylor 23 Sep 2012
In reply to namagnall:

Climbing Captain!!!

Well I never. We had "El Presidente" in LUMC in my day, but that only meant you had to act responsibly on the odd rare occasion.

Windgather seems likes a sensible choice though.
In reply to steve taylor: maybe he should try el capitan?
 tom bre 23 Sep 2012
In reply to namagnall: In all probability there will be at least one outward bound group possibly two using the crag on the same day.
Lovely setting, friendly crag nature and plenty of easy routes close to each other though belays are sparse in places and there are the non group climbers to consider to.
Have fun
OP namagnall 24 Sep 2012
In reply to namagnall: Thanks for the advice. And just so you are aware we do have an el president and the nickname el capitan is also used.
 steve taylor 24 Sep 2012
In reply to JJ Krammerhead III:

... or indeed Eamonn, Captain Klutz.

I wonder if these guys know about the rich* history of LUMC.

(* well, we had a good few years out of it anyway. Wonder if they have a "bitch book")
 EeeByGum 24 Sep 2012
In reply to Rob Exile Ward: I don't think I have ever been to Windgather of a weekend when there was a uni group or some other organised gathering there. Anyone in the know sticks to an evening at Windgather and even then you are likely to be swamped by an evening club meet.

I hope they have a good one!
OP namagnall 24 Sep 2012
In reply to steve taylor: If you've got any old stories you want to share then you can get our e-mail from our website, climbliverpool.co.uk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...