UKC

Any podiatrists on here? Help!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TheHorroffice 22 Sep 2012
Hi!

I have a pain in the pad on the ball of my right foot, climbing seems to be the cause though I work as a waiter which probably does not help. It feels like the cartilage on the ball is swollen and I can also move it around a fair amount more than my left big toe. The pain is present when I am pushing down with my big toe but is very minimal at other times. I have been aware of it for around a year during which time it has not really got any worse or better.
Any help/advise would be really appreciated!

Cheers,
Miles
In reply to TheHorroffice: I'm no podiatrist. But I have Morton's Neuroma - have a look at the symptoms it could be it. Poadiatry and injections have helped.
OP TheHorroffice 22 Sep 2012
In reply to TheHorroffice:
Cheers,
Ill give it a peek!
 birdie num num 23 Sep 2012
Without disrespect to John, Morton's neuroma is the swelling of a nerve ganglion running between the toe bones, quite often caused by footwear that is too tight. Your problem sounds more like some kind of bursa, if it is in the pad as you describe, or, what is commonly known as 'turf toe' caused by cartillage damage to the big toe joint.
OP TheHorroffice 23 Sep 2012
In reply to birdie num num:
Oh dear, it does indeed. Don't like the sound of 3 weeks of immobilization..... Many thanks Birdie.
 FrJ 23 Sep 2012
I'm not a professional but have had a lot of physio for foot and ankle problems. It could be some sort of tendonitis.
Your GP should be able to have a fair stab at basic diagnosis.
In reply to TheHorroffice: Try asking Gary Gibson who could point you in the right direction, if not give you a perfect analysis.
 Michael Gordon 23 Sep 2012

Go and see a physio

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...