UKC

Sharma+Wideboyz in Lancaster/Penrith/Fife this wk

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 MarisP 24 Sep 2012

Reel Rock 7 starts this week with the UK Premiere in Lancaster on Thursday followed by screenings in Penrith Friday and Dunfermline Saturday.

This year, the UK Reel Rock Tour features an explosive new collection of films with climbing icons and alpine legends including Adam Ondra, Chris Sharma, the Wideboyz, Alex Honnold and Conrad Anker pushing the limits like never before.

Expect a first ascent attempt in the Himalayas as well as a battle between Sharma and Ondra on Spanish limestone to establish some of the world’s most difficult routes. From the non-conformist world of off-width climbing to the new found fame of the boundary-pushing sport of free soloing. This year’s will get your palms sweating from beginning to end!

To book tickets and for more info head to http://reelrock.co.uk/

Screenings include:

27 September LANCASTER UK Premiere!!!
28 September PENRITH
29 September DUNFERMLINE
4 October LUDLOW
5 October COLWYN BAY
7 October SHEFFIELD
13 October PLYMOUTH
16 October LONDON
21 November, BRISTOL
8 December, LONDON
27 December, NEWCASTLE

There will be loads of free prize giveaways at the screenings including free Clif Bars for everyone and gear from The North Face and Ellis Brigham.

Jim Lancs 30 Sep 2012
I felt mis-led by this - I wanted to see the Wideboys film, but when it was shown at Lancaster, it just seemed to be a very short 'teaser' and not the full length film. If this is the case, there's no mention of it on any publicity material I saw.
 vyl20 30 Sep 2012
In reply to Jim Lancs:

I was under the impression that the Wideboyz film would be shown as well when I booked my tickets for next week's screening in Sheffield. If it is just a teaser then I find it very misleading as well. It certainly seems to be advertised as if it is the full film.
 Womble 01 Oct 2012
In reply to MarisP: I think the proper wideboys film is actually being shown in the Kendal mountain fest. I would certainly rather see all of it than some of the bits on reel rock but I guess they wanted to have a bit of all types of climbing in it rather than just 2 crazy Brits.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...