UKC

Another stereotyping journo rant

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ChrisJD 25 Sep 2012
In reply to woolsack:

And the comments all seem to agree that this is a cretinous article.

Which has to be a first for the Torygraph
pasbury 25 Sep 2012
In reply to woolsack:

"Cyclists believe they are a superior race."

That's because we are, especially compared to a drivelling idiot like the author of this piece.
Page 25 Sep 2012
In reply to woolsack:

Jan Etherington = pleb
 Hat Dude 25 Sep 2012
In reply to Page:
> (In reply to woolsack)
>
> Jan Etherington = pleb

Doesn't even know that it's "one fell swoop" not "one foul swoop"!
KevinD 25 Sep 2012
In reply to Hat Dude:

"Heads down, teeth clenched, buttocks unappetisingly upended and cased in white neoprene,"

neoprene? I guess thats one way to lose weight in a hurry, head out on a bike wearing a wetsuit.
In reply to dissonance:
> (In reply to Hat Dude)
>
> "Heads down, teeth clenched, buttocks unappetisingly upended and cased in white neoprene,"

Pass the mind bleach, please - though I'm sure it may be attractive to someone with a rubber fetish!
 mark s 25 Sep 2012
In reply to woolsack: "freewheeling" in london? shows what he knows...
 sleavesley 25 Sep 2012
In reply to woolsack: The Times have a piece today from an interview with the transport minister, which makes out cycling to be the most dangerous sport/hobby/commute going. Utter drivel backed up with a few more utter drivel comments from readers.
 gethin_allen 25 Sep 2012
In reply to woolsack:
it's a really dubious article at best, and the logic that everyone A) started loving all cyclists because wiggo and did well in the olympics, and B) that everyone now hates all cyclists because some tory toff who decided to have a go at the plebs just happened to be on a bike is quite frankly up there with Edward De Bono's theory that we could stop the war in Palestine in we sent them marmite.

On a more serious note, how do we get car drivers to understand cyclists? My approach would be that we punish offending road users by taking them out on bikes for a day on the roads of London, just so they know what it feels like when a bloke in a 4x4 or a van zooms past their elbows while having a chat on the phone.
Removed User 25 Sep 2012
In reply to gethin_allen:
> (In reply to woolsack)
> taking them out on bikes for a day on the roads of London, just so they know what it feels like when a bloke in a 4x4 or a van zooms past their elbows while having a chat on the phone.

You shouldn't use a phone whilst cycling.

By the same token tollies who cycle the wrong way up one way streets in the dark with no lights should be put behind the wheel of a car to understand how difficult it can be to see a cyclist with no lights.
 gethin_allen 25 Sep 2012
In reply to Removed User:
> (In reply to Removed Usergethin_allen)
> [...]
>
> You shouldn't use a phone whilst cycling.
Indeed, I stick to sending txts.
>
> By the same token tollies who cycle the wrong way up one way streets in the dark with no lights should be put behind the wheel of a car to understand how difficult it can be to see a cyclist with no lights.

totally agree,

Bimble 28 Sep 2012
In reply to woolsack:

What about us journos who like to cycle? :p
 alooker 28 Sep 2012
In reply to woolsack: awful journalism...
 Alex Ekins 28 Sep 2012
In reply to woolsack:
I can't work out why the right wing press is so anti cycle, what's the agenda?
Interesting story here about the Daily Mail's recycling of a anti bike piece -
http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/daily-mail-cut-and-paste-columnist-wants-c...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...