UKC

Region-centric bbc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
XXXX 25 Sep 2012
I'm fed up with all this talk of rain and flooding. It's not raining here in the South East so why do I have to watch all this constant news about the weather in the regions?

Seriously, a minor storm, a bit of rain and a few floods and it's being reported like the whole country is underwater when in fact it's only really a couple of regions.
In reply to Eric the Red: Makes a change. A shower in Surrey usually dominates the weather outlook for days.

T.
 dale1968 25 Sep 2012
In reply to Eric the Red: well you know how we feel when they bang on about droughts and hose bans in the SE....
 The Lemming 25 Sep 2012
In reply to Eric the Red:

You mean that there are places beyond London?

I thought at north of the gap was just a wasteland with savages beyond Hadrian's Wall
 GrahamD 25 Sep 2012
In reply to The Lemming:

Probably quite wet and windswept savages at the moment
Wiley Coyote2 25 Sep 2012
In reply to The Lemming:
> (In reply to Eric the Red)
>
> You mean that there are places beyond London?
>
> I thought north of the gap was just a wasteland

That's exactly right. Don't come up here under any circumstances. It's awful up North.
You've no idea how bad it is.
In reply to Wiley Coyote: I have; it's grim. Grim and no mistake.

Now I'm off to join Eric Olthwaite's gang. In times like these a few extra people are needed to check the rain gauges.

T.
 Blue Straggler 25 Sep 2012

Six bites. Not bad. Pearls before swine
Sarah G 25 Sep 2012
Troll.......
In reply to The Lemming:
> (In reply to Eric the Red)
>
> You mean that there are places beyond London?
>
> I thought at north of the gap was just a wasteland with savages beyond Hadrian's Wall

A more realistic analogy is Mega-City One and the Cursed Earth deserts north of the Watford Gap.
 GrahamD 26 Sep 2012
In reply to Wiley Coyote:

> That's exactly right. Don't come up here under any circumstances. It's awful up North.
> You've no idea how bad it is.

We do. Our North of England correspondant tells us.

EeeByGum 26 Sep 2012
In reply to Eric the Red: I dunno. It is more interesting than that bloke down south who tried to cycle through the wrong gate!
 Milesy 26 Sep 2012
> I'm fed up with all this talk of rain and flooding. It's not raining here in the South East so why do I have to watch all this constant news about the weather in the regions?

Likewise everyone else is sick of hearing about the SE all the time. Scotland gets bad snow and no one hears about it yet a few snowflakes fall in London and national broadcasts are full of reports and drama.
 GrahamD 26 Sep 2012
In reply to Milesy:

Thats because snow IS a drama in the SE

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...