UKC

Courmayeur in January ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nathan Adam 26 Sep 2012
Might find myself in the above location in January and if i have any day's spare then i'd like to get out and do something. Any snowy plods or easy stuff that's worth taking gear over for ? I'll have had some Scottish winter experience by then, I have done crevasse rescue stuff as well before and have experience moving together roped up (albeit on rocky terrain and imaginary glaciers)I'm aware a week isn't a lot of time for acclimatising but if even if there's anything low level that has a bit of snow on it then that'd be cool as well. Cheers !
 Simon4 26 Sep 2012
In reply to Nath93: A few spare days in Courmayeur in January - go skiing!

Normally piste skiing at that time of year will be quite challenging enough.
In reply to Nath93:

What's best to do in Coumayeur in January strongly depends from the weather. If there's a lot of snow, the best thing is probably to ski the slopes - between Courmayeur and La Thuile there's plenty of technical things to do.

If the snow is there but it's not too much, a popular activity in the area is snowshoeing. There are many interesting hikes you can do in Val Ferret and Val Veny using snowshoes, inevitably panoramic and not too difficult.

If the weather is cold but there's no snow, go ice climbing. There's dozen of lines you can reach driving less than 30 minutes from the village. Ask to the local guides bureau for directions.

If you'll be around, send me a message, I may be in Courmayeur too
OP Nathan Adam 27 Sep 2012
In reply to Luca Signorelli: Sweet, cheers man !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...