Walls & Training forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - This gym is killing me!

MaranaF - on 27 Sep 2012
This is a really odd thing.
At the moment we are getting ready to head into the alps for the winter and so I am doing a lot of indoor gym drills. Fitness is something I appreciate as being an important part of multi-pitch climbing.
A drill will include a half hour warm up before lead climbing progressively harder routes and climbing down again.
Now don't get me wrong, I do combine drills with other things but if theres one thing that has let me down in the past, its pure cardio stamina.

Now here is the puzzling bit. I use a combination of 5 different gyms on a regular basis. Each one offers something different in its route mapping. I have noticed though, that one gym has me hurting all over by the end of the session. The first time it happened I went over what I had done and had I done anything different and I felt that if anything I hadn't worked to my full potential in this gym. The next morning I got up and felt like I had been run over by a tractor. Oh well Ibuprofen is a great thing when required! Maybe I was going down with something?
By the following day I feel fine and so I continue doing my rota of the other four gyms. No problems, no aches and pains and I get that lovely pink sheen on my arms which shows I'm working hard and my lung capacity is feeling fantastic even though I'm pushing it to its limit.
Back to gym number one and exactly the same thing happens again. I end the session early because I'm hurting and I continue to hurt the next day.

So what the hell is going on? has this happened to anyone else?

... not showing 27 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums