UKC

any climbing centre owners please help me!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike_clayton 27 Sep 2012
i am currentley studying for a B-tec national level 3 in business studies and in the unit i am currentley planning out a business and i have chosen to start up a climbing centre. i could really do with some help relating to the insurance needed to cover the centre ( both limited liabillity and equipment insurance)if anybody could hellp out and give me some figures id be really thankful as no insurance companies will give me a quote due to m not owning a property or having a yet valid business plan. i dont need exact figures so any input would be valued! cheers, mike c
Damonclark 20 Oct 2012
In reply to mike_clayton:

For a medium sized new centre your looking at around £700 - £800
 Jon Ratcliffe 20 Oct 2012
In reply to Damonclark: well that's cheap! I'd love to know which broker you use. How do you define medium size?
 goldmember 20 Oct 2012
In reply to mike_clayton: As I have seen you work at a climbing wall in the north west, that might be the best place to start....
Removed User 22 Oct 2012
Employers Liability
Public Liability
Buildings and contents cover,
Business interruption.
Professional indemnity if you give advice.

Premium can be linked to visitors numbers so you may pay a bit extra at the end of the year if visitor numbers are much greater than you predicted.

Ava Adore 22 Oct 2012
In reply to mike_clayton:

Might be worth contacting a centre that's recently opened - I know of 3 bouldering walls round here - Climbing Station in Loughborough, Depot in Nottingham and Boulder Central in Birmingham. They might be prepared to help. Is it a bouldering wall you're planning on opening or a lead wall? I assume it would make a big difference in terms of insurance.
Benny 1664 22 Oct 2012
In reply to Ava Adore: £700 or £800? What is that figure for as I cannot believe you get any decent level of PLI for that little fee for anything bigger than a cupboard!
 Fraser 22 Oct 2012
In reply to Benny 1664:

Per hour!
 Fraser 22 Oct 2012
In reply to Fraser:

...and I think we all know, in reality, it'll be considerably more than that per annum!
 Peter Swift 17 Nov 2012
In reply to mike_clayton: we have open a climbing wall call hi rock near portsmouth. It's on Hayling island. If you need any info or support let is know. We spent 50'000£
 Fat Tim 18 Nov 2012
In reply to mike_clayton: Have you tried contacting the BMC? Just an idea.
 Oceanrower 18 Nov 2012
In reply to Fat Tim: The ABC would proobably be more use.
Damonclark 18 Nov 2012
In reply to Damonclark: Whoops.. that a month

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...