/ DAB radio question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
aln - on 29 Sep 2012
I love my DAB radio, but it has an annoying habit. Every now and again I switch it on and my presets have emptied. Has anyone else experienced this and if so do you know if it's a fault in the radio or is it it something to do with the digital signal? You know, like an internet connection being lost. The radio's 9 months old.
Hairy Pete on 29 Sep 2012
In reply to aln: I think this depends on the radio. My mother's radio has a coin-cell battery on the back panel - I assume this is to power the memory when the main power is removed. Does your radio have a similar battery - and is it flat?
gethin_allen on 29 Sep 2012
In reply to aln:
My DAB separates deck has started doing the same, I had assumed it was a memory battery issue so went looking for one but can't find anything resembling a battery in or on the device.

If your radio is only 9 months old and it's doing it regularly I'd take it back; my radio is ancient in comparison.
aln - on 01 Oct 2012
In reply to aln: Thankjs for the replies. I'll check today for a memory battery.
GrahamD - on 01 Oct 2012
In reply to aln:

Button 1 - Planet Rock - mysteriously gets reprogrammed to Heart every now and again. My daughter claims not to be involved :-)
ads.ukclimbing.com
Clarence - on 01 Oct 2012
In reply to aln:

My Pure Evoke used to do this occasionally so I took it back and the new one has been OK for a year. My ancient Ferguson DAB has never done this, it doesn't have a backup battery and isn't permanently left connected to the mains. It must be Fergie magic...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.