UKC

alpine grades and french sport grades

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi.

I can climb anything from F6c-F7b.

What alpine grades can I do with this range?

Is there a good website for alpine grade info?

Is this a good link?

http://www.camptocamp.org/articles/188413/en

Bye

MANASLU
 smithaldo 02 Oct 2012
In reply to Mountain Spirit: You would easily climb ED2 at F7b, certainly on mixed routes.

I wouldn't bother with targeting anything under ED when you are climbing those sorts of grades as it would be too easy.
 mrchewy 02 Oct 2012
In reply to Mountain Spirit: If you're bouldering hard as well... then maybe you need to think about soloing alpine routes, to keep the head in the same space and make progress accordingly.
 Mark Haward 03 Oct 2012
In reply to Mountain Spirit:
The link is good. As to what alpine grades you could do there is not enough information in your post and your profile would suggest that you have done almost no outdoor climbing other than Little Tryfan and a couple of Diff routes.
Is the F6c - 7b at a climbing wall, single pitch venue, multi pitch? Have you done any snow / ice / mountain routes? Is this a joke?
 Ramblin dave 03 Oct 2012
To be honest, sport grades are pretty much irrelevant to alpine climbing. You probably need to tell us your top bouldering grade, your time for the 110m hurdles, your shoe size and how many Cream Crackers you can eat in a minute.
 JohnnyW 03 Oct 2012

Hang on, has anyone noticed this charlie's changed his name?
 CurlyStevo 03 Oct 2012
In reply to JohnnyW:
Personally speaking I think this guy is a bit of an attention seaker and best ignored. He clearly has some issues he needs to deal with and considers himself funny.
 Nick Russell 03 Oct 2012
> Hi.
>
> I can climb anything from F6c-F7b.
>
> What alpine grades can I do with this range?

It really depends on how good your traversing is... Get lots of practice at the bouldering wall, and make sure you go both ways, not just left to right

archiecb 04 Oct 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo:

That's because he is funny.

What is even funnier, is that by acting all superior and mature, you are actually becoming the butt of his joke.

Superb 10/10

(assuming he is joking...it is too good to tell for certain)
 CurlyStevo 04 Oct 2012
In reply to archiecb:
really you'd have to be pretty stupid after chatting with him on here for more than a few posts not to realise this guy is trolling. The reason I think he should be ignored is because it's rather a transparent repetative poor troll.

Do you not this he's a bit of a one trick pony, all his posts are the same.
Grumble 04 Oct 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo: he is not a troll, he is genuine, just thinks a bit differently
 CurlyStevo 04 Oct 2012
In reply to Grumble:
I don't know which is worse! But seriously he can't be serious! Just read through his threads they are like a stuck record.
 archiecb 06 Oct 2012
In reply to CurlyStevo: I'm thoroughly enjoying how riled you are getting about it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...