UKC

knobbly 700 tyres

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 yarbles 30 Sep 2012
Bought the other half a whyte stirling recently which has been great on the road. However off to Scotland next week and likely to be doing some muddy tracks. Her existing tyres will not cope well and the clearences between tyre and frame / forks looks limted. The recommended tyre width is 28. I reckon it could take a wider tyre, perhaps 32...

Anyone know of a good knobbly narrow tyre?
 DaveHK 30 Sep 2012
In reply to yarbles:

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/schwalbe-cx-pro-item178116.html

Very skinny and very knobbly. Not unlike my knees...
 Jim Lancs 30 Sep 2012
Look for cyclo-cross tyres and not 29-er tyres for that sort of rim and clearances.

Ally Smith 30 Sep 2012
In reply to DaveHK:

Agreed. That's what i ride on my CX'er. Happy(ish) to ride the Llandegla red loop with those running at 50psi with gunk in the tubes to prevent pinch flats
 lee birtwistle 03 Oct 2012
In reply to yarbles: Very nice bike the Stirling. I would like to recommend the Continental Travel Contact 700 * 37c but my mate has a Stirling and the clearance isn't that great on the rear frame. If your just doing forest trails you should be ok though. Have a look at the Challenge CX tyres 700 * 32 or 35 - these are a great tyres but are not that cheap.
 beardy mike 03 Oct 2012
In reply to yarbles: I run Michelin Mud Pro 2's when its really muddy and Bonatrager Jones when I'm doing more road cycling and hard gravel tracks. The Bonatrager is very , 35 but it'll most likely fit. Out of the 2 I prefer the Jones as the Mud Pro flats quite easily if you are riding quite rough off road - sounds like the Jones might be what you're after.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...