UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: Vivid landscapes by Haroun Souirji

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 01 Oct 2012
Mélissa Le Nevé on The Vice, 8B, Rocklands, South Africa, 4 kbVivid landscapes is Haroun Souirji's video about Mélissa le Nevé's summer trip to Rocklands, South Africa, this year.
The video features quite a few hard ascents but at Haroun puts it he...tried to make it a little different than the flood of videos made about this place, concentrating a little...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67475
Flashman 05 Oct 2012
Yeah, a lovely film, does a great job of capturing the landscape, the culture, access issues, as well as showing nice interesting people climbing superb rock. I was one of the first 'outsiders' to visit Rocklands, in February of 1996 - I hitchhiked up there from CA with a bunch of dried food & Nescafe and a bag of weed, and spent a week just wandering this garden of the gods with only the odd baboon for company, sleeping under rocks or in old shepherd's huts, and just climbing everything I saw. Great fun. It really was one of the best experiences of my life; climbing has taken me to a lot of amazing places but this remains my favourite place, anywhere. Well, I guess I'm happy that more people - many more people - are enjoying it now, and it's no surprise that it's now part of 'the circuit', and it's nice to see a film that does the place justice.
Some pretty dodgy music at times though!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...