UKC

Transit Stop in Delhi - Buying a Coffee

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 01 Oct 2012
Just found out that you can't get Indian Rupees(I knew about Nepal) until you get to India and I can only order a minimum of £100 worth of US$ - which I don't really want to do.

Does anyone know if you can use sterling at Delhi airport?
 MG 01 Oct 2012
In reply to mypyrex: I would be amazed if you can. The coffee shop in the airport is OK and I imagine there is a cash machine. You might survive without a coffee of course.
 MG 01 Oct 2012
In reply to MG: Oh, don't put your card in a machine that completely swallows them - India ones have a habit of not returning it! Use one of the push card in a pull it out again ones.
OP mypyrex 01 Oct 2012
In reply to MG:
Thanks for advice. I think I'll take dollars anyway. I took some last time and used them - as well as sterling - to get Nepalese Rupees.
OP mypyrex 01 Oct 2012
In reply to MG: Might even be worth using my "Priority Pass" lounge pass to get a coffee and a bite. That means I pay for lounge entry but all the nosh is free. I'll be there about four hours.
In reply to mypyrex: You can use your cards at Delhi airport.
In reply to mypyrex: Also you can get Indian rupees at the currency exchange (not sure why you thought you couldn't)

http://www.cecltd.com/?q=exchange-rates

current fx is 80 to the pound, they have plenty in stock
 muppetfilter 01 Oct 2012
In reply to mypyrex: dollars are a better travel currency, getting a better exchange rate and being accepted more readily in most parts of Asia.
 butteredfrog 01 Oct 2012
In reply to mypyrex:
> (In reply to MG) Might even be worth using my "Priority Pass" lounge pass to get a coffee and a bite. That means I pay for lounge entry but all the nosh is free. I'll be there about four hours.

It will take you 4hrs to get through security! We almost missed our flight last year, they were that slow.
OP mypyrex 01 Oct 2012
In reply to butteredfrog:Oh dear, I've just checked and I've only got 3.5 hrs
In reply to mypyrex: Did you call them? Ignore the website. They have plenty of rupees for sale, at 80 to the pound...as I already said. They are an Indian firm.
m0unt41n 01 Oct 2012
In reply to mypyrex: I've used both £ and $ at Delhi Airport, you get your change in Rupees.
 Adam Lincoln 01 Oct 2012
In reply to mypyrex:
> Just found out that you can't get Indian Rupees(I knew about Nepal) until you get to India

Yes you can....

Banned User 77 02 Oct 2012
In reply to mypyrex:
> (In reply to MG) Might even be worth using my "Priority Pass" lounge pass to get a coffee and a bite. That means I pay for lounge entry but all the nosh is free. I'll be there about four hours.

I use them.. pay some more... get smashed... Last time I went to a bar in Philly.. woke up in North Wales.. til this day I have no memory of getting off the plane.. just a face book friend from the girl next to me..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...