Running forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - fell running route suggestion - training for mini MM

Scarab9 - on 01 Oct 2012
signed up this weekend for the mini Rab Mountain Marathon in the lakes in mid november. a four hour race.

I've done some fell running but the longest I've been out is a couple of hours which was on my own and on a route I had in my head before I started. I don't know how typical that effort was so still not really sure what to expect on the day. My fellow team mate has a lot of road running experience but I don't think she's done any off-road stuff.

I'm planning on joining the Todmorden harriers crew for their weekly runs from this Wednesday (moved up there in Sept when they meet a different time and I couldn't make it) so am hoping to get a bit more experience before the date (any members here who are out wednesday?)

also we're planning a training day later in the month and hoping someone here can suggest a route either in the Peak or nearish to Tod which will give us more of an idea of what to expect. Currently I don't really know the distances involved or just how rough to expect the terrain so not sure what to look for!

any advice or suggestions would be great.

thanks
... not showing 16 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums